S.O.S.A - Photo Gallery
2014 Regatta - Sunday June 22, 2014
This year's event was hosted by the Naramata Yacht Club, where the races took place from. We were faced with light air conditions, which makes a very tactical race, as any mistake can leave you in a dead zone, while everyone passed you. Reading the wind eddies coming off the cliffs is almost an art in itself for sailors to guide them, especially when there is barely a ripple on the lake.
Results for the Naramata Mug Race:
- 1st Place: Paul Susheski & crew Lyle Thiede on his 470 sailboat
- 2nd Place was Brad Punt in a Hobie 16
Results for the Bruno Leipe Cup:
- 1st Place: Bud Callis & Sue Ruuska on "Number Cruncher"
- 2nd Place was Gerard Obbema on "War Hawk"
- 3rd Place was Harvey Ryll on "Wildfire"
Below are few action shots taken by Tina Murphy.